Finca El Injerto is today synonymous with excellence, world quality coffee and commitment to good practices and the environment, but how did our journey begin? Learn more about our origin!
Finca El Injerto was founded in 1874 by Jesús Aguirre Panamá dedicating itself to the planting of corn, beans, tobacco and sugarcane. Near the year 1900 coffee was started and it was named “El Injerto” after a fruit plant similar to the zapote that grows in the region.
More than 100 years and three generations after its foundation, El Injerto has 245 hectares of coffee plantation: 70% of Bourbon variety and the remaining 30% of varieties such as Catuiaí, Maragoype, Pcarama, Tekisic, Mocca and Geisha.
Finca El Injerto is located in La Libertad, Huehuetenango, 339 km. (approximately 7 hours driving) from Guatemala City. A primary tropical forest surrounds the coffee plantation located at an altitude of 1,500 meters at 2,000 meters above sea level, with an average temperature of 18 to 22 degrees Celsius. Its diverse and mountainous terrain has allowed the definition of regions with different varieties of plants with ideal characteristics for each type of coffee.
Finca El Injerto is currently worked by the third and fourth generation of the Aguirre family who have completely focused on the business of the farm towards the production, processing and marketing of high quality coffee both locally and internationally. The tenacity, energy, vision and passion for hard work and coffee of the current administration has allowed El Injerto to be positioned as a synonym of quality, efficiency and sustainability. Our family tradition committed to excellence has led us to have strict quality controls from the seed to the cup, formulation of our own production processes and constant research and innovation to improve our productivity, cup quality and efficiency, as well as the care of the environment and the quality of life of all our collaborators.